The Denver native, who would fill Justice Antonin Scalia’s vacant seat, was unanimously confirmed by the Senate in 2006…
As promised, President Trump announced his Supreme Court pick, Judge Neil Gorsuch, during a primetime event on Tuesday. Gorsuch’s name had circulated on “short lists” for weeks, and his nomination is no surprise to many insiders.
But who is the man who could serve a lifetime term on our nation’s highest court? NTK breaks it down for you in our first NTK Short video:
1. Gorsuch was born in Denver and serves there as a judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
2. He was nominated to that post in 2006 by President George W. Bush, and his qualifications were considered to be so apparent that the Senate unanimously confirmed him with just a voice vote.
3. Gorsuch holds degrees from prestigious schools and programs, including Columbia University, Harvard Law, and the University of Oxford.
4. The Supreme Court should be familiar territory for Gorsuch: he clerked for Justices Anthony Kennedy (appointed by President Reagan) and Byron White (appointed by President Kennedy).
5. Gorsuch is just 49 years old, which would make him the youngest justice on the court, if he is confirmed.
5.19.17 2:22 pmObama Appointee: Flynn’s Recommendation Did Not Impact Raqqa Timeline
Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford contradicts reports that Flynn’s recommendation delayed the United States plan to retake the Islamic State’s capital.
5.18.17 2:56 pmDemocratic Senator Blames “Fake News” for Obamacare Failing
Sen. Blumenthal forgets the ‘fake news’ Democrats have spread regarding the American Health Care Act.
5.18.17 8:29 amSam Stein Destroys Maxine Waters Over the Definition of Collusion
The outspoke Democratic representative admits that there is no evidence yet of collusion.
5.17.17 11:45 amEPA Administrator Promises to Clean Up Toxic Waste Sites Obama Left Behind
More than 1,300 toxic dumps were left behind by the Obama Administration, but the Trump administration is promising to clean them up.