The Denver native, who would fill Justice Antonin Scalia’s vacant seat, was unanimously confirmed by the Senate in 2006…
As promised, President Trump announced his Supreme Court pick, Judge Neil Gorsuch, during a primetime event on Tuesday. Gorsuch’s name had circulated on “short lists” for weeks, and his nomination is no surprise to many insiders.
But who is the man who could serve a lifetime term on our nation’s highest court? NTK breaks it down for you in our first NTK Short video:
1. Gorsuch was born in Denver and serves there as a judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
2. He was nominated to that post in 2006 by President George W. Bush, and his qualifications were considered to be so apparent that the Senate unanimously confirmed him with just a voice vote.
3. Gorsuch holds degrees from prestigious schools and programs, including Columbia University, Harvard Law, and the University of Oxford.
4. The Supreme Court should be familiar territory for Gorsuch: he clerked for Justices Anthony Kennedy (appointed by President Reagan) and Byron White (appointed by President Kennedy).
5. Gorsuch is just 49 years old, which would make him the youngest justice on the court, if he is confirmed.
4.17.17 12:30 pmPerez and Sanders Don’t Seem Too United Ahead of Their “Unity Tour”
Perez is claiming the DNC invested in the Kansas special election. Sanders disagrees.
4.11.17 3:25 pmApple Accused of Slowing Down Your iPhone
In a new court filing, the tech giant is accused of slowing down phones in an attempt to throttle tech companies out of business.
4.6.17 11:37 amApple’s Tax Evasion Problem Down Under
The tech giant is facing hundreds of millions in fines.
3.28.17 10:36 amCondoleezza Rice: I Don’t Need Somebody to Tell Me What it Means to be Black