Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) boldly declared that Obamacare is working during a press conference on Tuesday, during which Senate Democrats bashed the American Health Care Act (AHCA).
A reporter asked Schumer about Sen. Cornyn (R-TX) saying: “if [Democrats] don’t like this proposal, then what’s your suggestion [for fixing Obamacare]”?
“Well, we’ve offered it. It’s on the books, and it’s working.” Schumer declared.
There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary.
- Premiums for health care plans under Obamacare will increase by an average of 25 percent this year in the majority of states.
- CNBC reports that Obamacare deductibles will increase by as much as 17 percent in 2017.
- Major insurance providers have dropped out of the Obamacare state exchanges, causing many states to only offer one insurance provider to residents.
- Fifteen of the 23 co-ops created under Obamacare have gone under, as of January 2017.
- Wait times at hospital emergency rooms have increased because of Obamacare.
So, if increasing premiums, rising deductibles, lack of choice, failing co-ops, and long wait times are Sen. Schumer’s idea of working, then he would be right to say Obamacare is working.
8.16.17 12:14 pmWho Is Hope Hicks? Meet the Woman Named Interim WH Comms Director
How a 28-year-old from Greenwich, Connecticut rose to power inside President Trump’s inner circle to become one of Trump’s most trusted staffers.
8.15.17 10:03 amGOP Group Announces $500k Spend on Digital Ads for Tax Reform
The American Action Network plans on spending around $20 million on tax reform by Thanksgiving.
8.10.17 10:01 amA ‘Fundraising Crisis’ is Crippling the Democratic Party
Over the first six months of 2017, the RNC raised $75 million while Democrats pulled in just $38 million.
8.8.17 4:43 pmHere’s What Would Happen if North Korea Hit A U.S. City With a Nuke
According to reports, Pyongyang has developed the capability to hit the United States with nuclear weapons.