Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) boldly declared that Obamacare is working during a press conference on Tuesday, during which Senate Democrats bashed the American Health Care Act (AHCA).
A reporter asked Schumer about Sen. Cornyn (R-TX) saying: “if [Democrats] don’t like this proposal, then what’s your suggestion [for fixing Obamacare]”?
“Well, we’ve offered it. It’s on the books, and it’s working.” Schumer declared.
There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary.
- Premiums for health care plans under Obamacare will increase by an average of 25 percent this year in the majority of states.
- CNBC reports that Obamacare deductibles will increase by as much as 17 percent in 2017.
- Major insurance providers have dropped out of the Obamacare state exchanges, causing many states to only offer one insurance provider to residents.
- Fifteen of the 23 co-ops created under Obamacare have gone under, as of January 2017.
- Wait times at hospital emergency rooms have increased because of Obamacare.
So, if increasing premiums, rising deductibles, lack of choice, failing co-ops, and long wait times are Sen. Schumer’s idea of working, then he would be right to say Obamacare is working.
10.17.17 8:28 pmThe Cleveland Cavaliers Start The NBA Season By Protesting The National Anthem
Cavaliers star LeBron James has been supportive of NFL players who have taken a knee during the national anthem.
9.28.17 11:11 amThe NFL Just Lost Its First Sponsor Over Players Kneeling During The National Anthem
“Our companies will not condone unpatriotic behavior!” Cleveland businessman Allan Jones said in a statement.
9.18.17 10:59 amFox News Highlights Media Bias In A CBS Report About Richard Cordray
“CBS Sunday Morning” didn’t disclose that four of the lawyers that it interviewed had ties to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
9.18.17 10:41 amAmericans Overwhelmingly Reject Internet Sales Tax Proposal
Two of three Americans said they oppose a sales tax in their state on items purchased online.