The Need to Know (NTK) Network will keep you up to date on where Obamacare repeal (and replacement) stands as it works its way through Congress.
The American Health Care Act (AHCA), the repeal and replacement of Obamacare supported by President Trump and Speaker Ryan, is working its way through a long legislative process.
Keep up with the Need to Know (NTK) Network to learn more about what has happened with AHCA, what’s next, and an estimate of when the bill may pass.
- On May 4, 2017, the House passed AHCA on a 217-213 vote. 217 Republicans voted for the bill. 193 Democrats and 20 Republicans voted against the bill.
- Several influential GOP senators responded to AHCA’s passage by saying the Senate will make changes to the bill
- On May 5, 2017, vulnerable Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT) said he’s “open” to repealing and replacing Obamacare
- On May 6, 2017, the Washington Post shot down viral claims from liberal groups that AHCA make “being a rape survivor a pre-existing condition.”
- On May 7, 2017, President Obama used rare public remarks to criticize Obamacare repeal efforts and defend the law’s party-line passage in 2010.
- On May 9, 2017, Senate Republicans added Sens. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) and Ron Johnson (R-WI) to their working group on Obamacare repeal; Democrats had hammered the Senate GOP for its all-male working group.
- A working group led by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) will draft the Senate GOP’s version of AHCA; estimates are the draft will take a month or two
- The Senate is waiting on a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) score on the AHCA before taking any votes. The CBO will estimate the bill’s cost, and how many Americans may not have health insurance as a result of AHCA.
- If and when the Senate passes its version of Obamacare replacement, the Senate will send the bill back to the House
- If the Senate and the House can agree on the tenets of a replacement, President Trump will get a bill sent to his desk
WHEN WILL REPEAL PASS?
- The latest update from Axios says Obamacare repeal and replacement may not reach Trump’s desk until fall 2018
5.25.17 12:47 pmOK Democrats Take Tens of Thousands from Groups Pushing Energy Tax Hike
As Oklahoma Democrats push for a major increase in the state’s gross production tax on oil and gas, new analysis shows these same Democrats have a lot of money from special interests groups supporting this tax hike.
5.19.17 2:22 pmObama Appointee: Flynn’s Recommendation Did Not Impact Raqqa Timeline
Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford contradicts reports that Flynn’s recommendation delayed the United States plan to retake the Islamic State’s capital.
5.18.17 2:56 pmDemocratic Senator Blames “Fake News” for Obamacare Failing
Sen. Blumenthal forgets the ‘fake news’ Democrats have spread regarding the American Health Care Act.
5.18.17 8:29 amSam Stein Destroys Maxine Waters Over the Definition of Collusion
The outspoke Democratic representative admits that there is no evidence yet of collusion.