The NBC News/WSJ poll found majority support for tax cuts for individuals and an acknowledgement that corporate tax cuts will create jobs in the U.S.
Ahead of key debates on tax reform, Americans are strongly signaling to Congress and President Trump that they support a tax cut for individuals.
A majority of Americans either support cutting taxes on individuals (24 percent) or “BOTH” individuals and businesses (28 percent), a total of 52 percent, according to a Thursday poll released by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal. An additional four percent support cutting taxes for businesses.
Even if the isolated support for tax cuts on businesses is not as strong as the support for a tax cut for individuals, a majority of Americans (54 percent) acknowledge that “a major reduction in the amount that corporations pay in taxes” would “encourage companies to significantly expand and increase the number of jobs.”
In recent, the “Big 6” working on tax reform in the U.S. have targeted a 20-percent corporate tax rate, which would be a significant reduction from the current 35 percent corporate tax rate.
10.17.17 8:28 pmThe Cleveland Cavaliers Start The NBA Season By Protesting The National Anthem
Cavaliers star LeBron James has been supportive of NFL players who have taken a knee during the national anthem.
9.28.17 11:11 amThe NFL Just Lost Its First Sponsor Over Players Kneeling During The National Anthem
“Our companies will not condone unpatriotic behavior!” Cleveland businessman Allan Jones said in a statement.
9.18.17 10:59 amFox News Highlights Media Bias In A CBS Report About Richard Cordray
“CBS Sunday Morning” didn’t disclose that four of the lawyers that it interviewed had ties to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
9.18.17 10:41 amAmericans Overwhelmingly Reject Internet Sales Tax Proposal
Two of three Americans said they oppose a sales tax in their state on items purchased online.