The circumstances surrounding Abbott’s burns were largely a mystery until Saturday…
Texas Governor Greg Abbott revealed the cause of burns he sustained in July following months of silence on the topic.
On Saturday, Abbot told the San Antonio Express-News that the burns were caused by “scalding hot water” in a shower during a vacation to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
“I was in a shower with scalding water on my feet,” he said. “Because of my paralysis, I couldn’t feel the burns that were taking place. And as a consequence, it was like having my feet in scalding water for several minutes.”
Abbott did not attend the Republican National Convention in July as a result of his injury and did not elaborate on the cause of his burns until now.
Abbott became paralyzed at the age of 26 from an accident that took place while he was jogging.
8.16.17 12:14 pmWho Is Hope Hicks? Meet the Woman Named Interim WH Comms Director
How a 28-year-old from Greenwich, Connecticut rose to power inside President Trump’s inner circle to become one of Trump’s most trusted staffers.
8.15.17 10:03 amGOP Group Announces $500k Spend on Digital Ads for Tax Reform
The American Action Network plans on spending around $20 million on tax reform by Thanksgiving.
8.10.17 10:01 amA ‘Fundraising Crisis’ is Crippling the Democratic Party
Over the first six months of 2017, the RNC raised $75 million while Democrats pulled in just $38 million.
8.8.17 4:43 pmHere’s What Would Happen if North Korea Hit A U.S. City With a Nuke
According to reports, Pyongyang has developed the capability to hit the United States with nuclear weapons.