It’s the story that’s shaking up Washington, D.C. Catch up on what actually happened between President Trump and key Russian officials.
Get the latest on the allegations that President Trump shared classified, sensitive information on ISIS with Russian foreign officials with NTK Network’s timeline.
- President Trump fires then-FBI Director James Comey, who is investigating alleged ties between Trump associates and Russian officials
- President Trump hosts Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak at the White House; an official statement says the three discussed Syria, Ukraine, and the Middle East
- U.S. media complains that they were shut out of covering the meeting while a photographer for one of Russia’s state-run media outlets had access to Trump and the Russians
- White House officials tell U.S. media they’re angry with the Russians for ‘trolling‘ Trump with its tweets and photos from the prior day’s meeting
- 5pm: A Washington Post report alleges Trump “revealed highly classified information” in the meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak; specifically, Trump revealed sensitive details of “the inner workings” of ISIS
- The Post report lays out how this can impact U.S. security: “Russia could use that detail to help identify the U.S. ally or intelligence capability involved”
- 6:30pm: Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), a key Republican on foreign affairs issues, criticizes Trump over the Post report: “something that you just don’t do“
- 7:15pm: National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster says the Post report is false as written
- Evening: The New York Times‘ reporting says it’s a “Middle Eastern ally that closely guards its own secrets” who provided the sensitive information that Trump shared with Russia
- 6:45am: “Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman denies reports that Trump revealed classified information to senior officials.”
- 7:05am: @realDonaldTrump appears to acknowlege he shared sensitive information: “As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining….”
- “…to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.”
- 8:20am: Reuters reporting suggests U.S. allies will still share sensitive intelligence with the White House, despite Trump’s unusual disclosures
- 12:45pm: McMaster stands by his statement that the “premise” of WaPo‘s article is “false“
- 12:45pm: McMaster says Trump “wasn’t even aware of where this information came from” when he shared it
- 1:45pm: NYT reveals that Israel was the source of the information that Trump shared with Russian officials
- 7:30am: Russian President Vladimir Putin says he is willing to provide transcripts of the Trump-Lavrov meeting to Congress
10.17.17 8:28 pmThe Cleveland Cavaliers Start The NBA Season By Protesting The National Anthem
Cavaliers star LeBron James has been supportive of NFL players who have taken a knee during the national anthem.
9.28.17 11:11 amThe NFL Just Lost Its First Sponsor Over Players Kneeling During The National Anthem
“Our companies will not condone unpatriotic behavior!” Cleveland businessman Allan Jones said in a statement.
9.18.17 10:59 amFox News Highlights Media Bias In A CBS Report About Richard Cordray
“CBS Sunday Morning” didn’t disclose that four of the lawyers that it interviewed had ties to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
9.18.17 10:41 amAmericans Overwhelmingly Reject Internet Sales Tax Proposal
Two of three Americans said they oppose a sales tax in their state on items purchased online.