It’s the story that’s shaking up Washington, D.C. Catch up on what actually happened between President Trump and key Russian officials.
Get the latest on the allegations that President Trump shared classified, sensitive information on ISIS with Russian foreign officials with NTK Network’s timeline.
- President Trump fires then-FBI Director James Comey, who is investigating alleged ties between Trump associates and Russian officials
- President Trump hosts Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak at the White House; an official statement says the three discussed Syria, Ukraine, and the Middle East
- U.S. media complains that they were shut out of covering the meeting while a photographer for one of Russia’s state-run media outlets had access to Trump and the Russians
- White House officials tell U.S. media they’re angry with the Russians for ‘trolling‘ Trump with its tweets and photos from the prior day’s meeting
- 5pm: A Washington Post report alleges Trump “revealed highly classified information” in the meeting with Lavrov and Kislyak; specifically, Trump revealed sensitive details of “the inner workings” of ISIS
- The Post report lays out how this can impact U.S. security: “Russia could use that detail to help identify the U.S. ally or intelligence capability involved”
- 6:30pm: Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), a key Republican on foreign affairs issues, criticizes Trump over the Post report: “something that you just don’t do“
- 7:15pm: National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster says the Post report is false as written
- Evening: The New York Times‘ reporting says it’s a “Middle Eastern ally that closely guards its own secrets” who provided the sensitive information that Trump shared with Russia
- 6:45am: “Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman denies reports that Trump revealed classified information to senior officials.”
- 7:05am: @realDonaldTrump appears to acknowlege he shared sensitive information: “As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining….”
- “…to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.”
- 8:20am: Reuters reporting suggests U.S. allies will still share sensitive intelligence with the White House, despite Trump’s unusual disclosures
- 12:45pm: McMaster stands by his statement that the “premise” of WaPo‘s article is “false“
- 12:45pm: McMaster says Trump “wasn’t even aware of where this information came from” when he shared it
- 1:45pm: NYT reveals that Israel was the source of the information that Trump shared with Russian officials
- 7:30am: Russian President Vladimir Putin says he is willing to provide transcripts of the Trump-Lavrov meeting to Congress
6.20.17 12:20 pmWilliams College Student: Conservatives on Campus Can’t Express Their Views, They Fear Retribution
Zachary Wood, a student at Williams College, told the Senate Judiciary Committee that conservative students feel they will be punished for their views by their professors.
6.19.17 3:17 pmEPA Ends $1 Million, Taxpayer-Funded Gym Program
Administrator Scott Pruitt makes good on a promise to end the program after waste was reported at the Las Vegas office.
6.18.17 10:12 amNewt Gingrich Hit Back Against Charges of Collusion
“I think it would be healthy to have congressional hearings on foreign influence peddling in the U.S. way beyond the Russians,” Gingrich said during an interview on Sunday.
6.13.17 1:40 pmDisgruntled Democrat Blames the Electoral College for Hillary Clinton’s Loss
“She won, but she lost,” Sen. Barbara Boxer said regarding Clinton’s 2016 election loss.