The left-wing congresswoman threw around baseless accusations in the Washington Post podcast “Cape Up with Jonathan Capehart.”
Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) tossed baseless accusastions at the Trump administration Monday in an appearance on The Washington Post podcast “Cape Up with Jonathan Capehart.”
Here are the lowlights:
- Waters accused President Trump of colluding with Russia during the 2016 election, without offering evidence. “I believe this President has colluded with the Russians, with the Kremlin, with the oligarchs, perhaps, of Russia to undermine our election systems,” Waters told Capehart. (4:00)
- The California congresswoman also criticized the Senate investigation into Trump-Russia ties as not credible. “They’re not moving fast enough!” she exclaimed. However, she praised the media for their investigations into Trump-Russia ties. (4:35)
- Waters described Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a “throwback to the days of Jim Crow,” equating Sessions with the era of segregation. “I think [Sessions] is a racist and I think he absolutely believes it’s his job to keep minorities in their place.” She added that Sessions would like to go back to the days of segregation. (9:30 – 12:00)
- As evidence of Sessions’ racism, Waters cited an instance where girls in traditional southern dresses greeted Trump and Sessions during the transition period. Waters’ implication was that Sessions and Trump enjoyed the clothing because it reminded them of slavery. The group, “The Azalea Trail Maids,” wears colorful traditional dresses to events. (13:50)
- Capehart finally pushed her to find out if the U.S. government has seen evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. “No, we have not,” Waters said. That means Waters has repeatedly called for Trump’s impeachment without yet seeing any evidence of wrongdoing. (20:00)
5.25.17 12:47 pmOK Democrats Take Tens of Thousands from Groups Pushing Energy Tax Hike
As Oklahoma Democrats push for a major increase in the state’s gross production tax on oil and gas, new analysis shows these same Democrats have a lot of money from special interests groups supporting this tax hike.
5.19.17 2:22 pmObama Appointee: Flynn’s Recommendation Did Not Impact Raqqa Timeline
Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford contradicts reports that Flynn’s recommendation delayed the United States plan to retake the Islamic State’s capital.
5.18.17 2:56 pmDemocratic Senator Blames “Fake News” for Obamacare Failing
Sen. Blumenthal forgets the ‘fake news’ Democrats have spread regarding the American Health Care Act.
5.18.17 8:29 amSam Stein Destroys Maxine Waters Over the Definition of Collusion
The outspoke Democratic representative admits that there is no evidence yet of collusion.