The left-wing congresswoman threw around baseless accusations in the Washington Post podcast “Cape Up with Jonathan Capehart.”
Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) tossed baseless accusastions at the Trump administration Monday in an appearance on The Washington Post podcast “Cape Up with Jonathan Capehart.”
Here are the lowlights:
- Waters accused President Trump of colluding with Russia during the 2016 election, without offering evidence. “I believe this President has colluded with the Russians, with the Kremlin, with the oligarchs, perhaps, of Russia to undermine our election systems,” Waters told Capehart. (4:00)
- The California congresswoman also criticized the Senate investigation into Trump-Russia ties as not credible. “They’re not moving fast enough!” she exclaimed. However, she praised the media for their investigations into Trump-Russia ties. (4:35)
- Waters described Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a “throwback to the days of Jim Crow,” equating Sessions with the era of segregation. “I think [Sessions] is a racist and I think he absolutely believes it’s his job to keep minorities in their place.” She added that Sessions would like to go back to the days of segregation. (9:30 – 12:00)
- As evidence of Sessions’ racism, Waters cited an instance where girls in traditional southern dresses greeted Trump and Sessions during the transition period. Waters’ implication was that Sessions and Trump enjoyed the clothing because it reminded them of slavery. The group, “The Azalea Trail Maids,” wears colorful traditional dresses to events. (13:50)
- Capehart finally pushed her to find out if the U.S. government has seen evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. “No, we have not,” Waters said. That means Waters has repeatedly called for Trump’s impeachment without yet seeing any evidence of wrongdoing. (20:00)
7.19.17 8:49 pmHypocrisy Alert: Warren Calls for More Transparency for Foreign Donations to Campaigns
Warren attended a fundraiser over the weekend at the home of former Wall Street executive whose company is responsible “for the greatest amount of known foreign-connected money in U.S. elections.”
7.17.17 3:01 pmRNC Chair: It’s Time to Show Americans That the Republican Party Can Govern
“Now it’s our time to show not only that we can repeal and replace Obamacare…but also that we can govern,” Ronna Romney McDaniel said during an interview on Monday.
7.17.17 11:06 amNew NRSC Ad Hits 2018 Dems for Their Support of Obamacare
“Democrats’ Obamacare Lies,” highlights the multiple lies Senate Democrats told the American people to get Obamacare passed.
7.13.17 12:09 pmJeff Sessions Announces Biggest Health Care Fraud Crackdown in US History
The Department of Justice caught over 400 individuals defrauding the federal government.