NTK Network is tracking the positions of key GOP senators on Senate leadership’s Obamacare replacement bill.
At least 16 GOP senators are worth watching as the Senate GOP introduces its new version of its Obamacare replacement bill on Thursday.
NTK Network will track where these 16 senators stand on the bill, as the Senate aims for a vote next week.
Assuming all Democrats – and the two independents who caucus with the Democrats – oppose the bill, Senate GOP leadership cannot afford to lose more than two votes.
UPDATE, July 18: Sens. Jerry Moran (R-KS) and Mike Lee (R-UT) came out in opposition to the bill on Monday night, effectively killing the bill.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “substantial improvement“
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME): “Still deep cuts to Medicaid in Senate bill. Will vote no on MTP. Ready to work w/ GOP & Dem colleagues to fix flaws in ACA”
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT): doesn’t repeal Obamacare’s taxes, doesn’t lower premiums enough
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS): called the bill “bad policy“
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): “They took the bill and made it worse“
LEAN NO (2)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA): Proposing an alternative with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): Proposing an alternative mentioned above
- Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV): “very much undecided“
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ): vulnerable senator up for re-election in 2018
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV): said he’s undecided on motion to proceed
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI): was opposed to the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
8.16.17 12:14 pmWho Is Hope Hicks? Meet the Woman Named Interim WH Comms Director
How a 28-year-old from Greenwich, Connecticut rose to power inside President Trump’s inner circle to become one of Trump’s most trusted staffers.
8.15.17 10:03 amGOP Group Announces $500k Spend on Digital Ads for Tax Reform
The American Action Network plans on spending around $20 million on tax reform by Thanksgiving.
8.10.17 10:01 amA ‘Fundraising Crisis’ is Crippling the Democratic Party
Over the first six months of 2017, the RNC raised $75 million while Democrats pulled in just $38 million.
8.8.17 4:43 pmHere’s What Would Happen if North Korea Hit A U.S. City With a Nuke
According to reports, Pyongyang has developed the capability to hit the United States with nuclear weapons.