NTK Network is tracking the positions of key GOP senators on Senate leadership’s Obamacare replacement bill.
At least 16 GOP senators are worth watching as the Senate GOP introduces its new version of its Obamacare replacement bill on Thursday.
NTK Network will track where these 16 senators stand on the bill, as the Senate aims for a vote next week.
Assuming all Democrats – and the two independents who caucus with the Democrats – oppose the bill, Senate GOP leadership cannot afford to lose more than two votes.
UPDATE, July 18: Sens. Jerry Moran (R-KS) and Mike Lee (R-UT) came out in opposition to the bill on Monday night, effectively killing the bill.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “substantial improvement“
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME): “Still deep cuts to Medicaid in Senate bill. Will vote no on MTP. Ready to work w/ GOP & Dem colleagues to fix flaws in ACA”
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT): doesn’t repeal Obamacare’s taxes, doesn’t lower premiums enough
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS): called the bill “bad policy“
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): “They took the bill and made it worse“
LEAN NO (2)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA): Proposing an alternative with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): Proposing an alternative mentioned above
- Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV): “very much undecided“
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ): vulnerable senator up for re-election in 2018
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV): said he’s undecided on motion to proceed
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI): was opposed to the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
9.18.17 10:59 amFox News Highlights Media Bias In A CBS Report About Richard Cordray
“CBS Sunday Morning” didn’t disclose that four of the lawyers that it interviewed had ties to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
9.18.17 10:41 amAmericans Overwhelmingly Reject Internet Sales Tax Proposal
Two of three Americans said they oppose a sales tax in their state on items purchased online.
9.14.17 2:07 pmNew NRSC Ad Hits Claire McCaskill for Saying ‘Normal People’ Can Afford a Private Plane
It’s the latest gaffe for the vulnerable senator from Missouri.
8.24.17 3:00 pmIs Tim Cook Running For President?
The Apple CEO held presidential campaign style events in the pivotal states of Iowa and Ohio on Thursday.