NTK Network is tracking the positions of key GOP senators on Senate leadership’s Obamacare replacement bill.
At least 16 GOP senators are worth watching as the Senate GOP introduces its new version of its Obamacare replacement bill on Thursday.
NTK Network will track where these 16 senators stand on the bill, as the Senate aims for a vote next week.
Assuming all Democrats – and the two independents who caucus with the Democrats – oppose the bill, Senate GOP leadership cannot afford to lose more than two votes.
UPDATE, July 18: Sens. Jerry Moran (R-KS) and Mike Lee (R-UT) came out in opposition to the bill on Monday night, effectively killing the bill.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “substantial improvement“
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME): “Still deep cuts to Medicaid in Senate bill. Will vote no on MTP. Ready to work w/ GOP & Dem colleagues to fix flaws in ACA”
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT): doesn’t repeal Obamacare’s taxes, doesn’t lower premiums enough
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS): called the bill “bad policy“
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): “They took the bill and made it worse“
LEAN NO (2)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA): Proposing an alternative with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): Proposing an alternative mentioned above
- Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV): “very much undecided“
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ): vulnerable senator up for re-election in 2018
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV): said he’s undecided on motion to proceed
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI): was opposed to the first Senate GOP bill
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH): pressed concerns at meeting with McConnell
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): was undecided on the first Senate GOP bill
7.19.17 8:49 pmHypocrisy Alert: Warren Calls for More Transparency for Foreign Donations to Campaigns
Warren attended a fundraiser over the weekend at the home of former Wall Street executive whose company is responsible “for the greatest amount of known foreign-connected money in U.S. elections.”
7.17.17 3:01 pmRNC Chair: It’s Time to Show Americans That the Republican Party Can Govern
“Now it’s our time to show not only that we can repeal and replace Obamacare…but also that we can govern,” Ronna Romney McDaniel said during an interview on Monday.
7.17.17 11:06 amNew NRSC Ad Hits 2018 Dems for Their Support of Obamacare
“Democrats’ Obamacare Lies,” highlights the multiple lies Senate Democrats told the American people to get Obamacare passed.
7.13.17 12:09 pmJeff Sessions Announces Biggest Health Care Fraud Crackdown in US History
The Department of Justice caught over 400 individuals defrauding the federal government.