Biden Leads 2020 Democrats By Wide Margin in First 'Iowa Poll' | NTK Network Biden Leads 2020 Democrats By Wide Margin in First ‘Iowa Poll’

Biden Leads 2020 Democrats By Wide Margin in First ‘Iowa Poll’

The Des Moines Register's first 2020 caucus poll found that 32 percent of likely Democratic Iowa caucusgoers prefer Biden as their top choice.

By NTK Staff | 12.16.2018 @11:10am
Biden Leads 2020 Democrats By Wide Margin in First ‘Iowa Poll’

Former Vice President Joe Biden leads the field of 20 potential Democratic presidential primary opponents in Iowa according to a new CNN/Des Moines Register poll released Saturday.

The poll, the first of 2020 Democratic caucus field, found that 32 percent of likely caucusgoers prefer Biden. Another 18 percent of likely caucusgoers said Biden was their second choice, giving the former vice president the highest combined score at 50 percent.

Biden was followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), whom 19 percent of likely caucusgoers selected as their preferred choice. Fourteen percent selected Sanders as their second choice.

Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) rounded out the top three, receiving support from 11 percent of likely caucusgoers, with 12 percent saying the Texas Democrat was their second choice.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) finished in fourth, followed by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ).

The Iowa caucuses are the first nominating contest of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary process.

Sign Up

for NTK updates every week.


View Privacy Policy