John Brennan: Federal Government Hasn’t Contacted Me About Revoking Security Clearance John Brennan: Federal Government Hasn’t Contacted Me About Revoking Security Clearance – NTK Network

John Brennan: Federal Government Hasn’t Contacted Me About Revoking Security Clearance

Was the whole controversy much ado about nothing?

By NTK Staff | 08.28.2018 @11:01am

Former CIA Director John Brennan told MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson on Tuesday that neither the federal government nor the Trump administration had contacted him about revoking his security clearance, leaving the former intelligence official unsure as to whether President Trump actually pulled the trigger on his threat.

“The only thing I’ve heard about my security clearance that’s from the government is when Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the podium that my clearance had been stripped,” Brennan said. “I have not been contacted by anybody at all, either before or since then.

The former CIA director told Jackson that he was “uncertain” that the Trump administration pulled his clearance at all.

He added that he had expected to get a notification that his security clearance had been revoked, pointing to “clear guidelines” mapping the process for a clearance removal.

Jackson and Brennan speculated that the Trump administration had failed to come up with an appropriate reason to pull Brennan’s clearance, leading to a delay in the process.

Sign Up

for NTK updates every week.


View Privacy Policy